Registering with the CRTC Do Not Call List Operator
An EDA or campaign must be registered with the CRTC Do Not Call List Operator in order to make phone calls with a fundraising ask or solicitation. Before making your calls, please click here to review all the rules related to contacting voters.
Who Needs to Register?
Each political entity must register separately. This means that a campaign will have to register independently of the EDA. However, if all fundraising calls are being made by the EDA rather than the campaign directly, only the EDA will have to register.
Who is the account manager?
For an EDA, the Chair or Financial Agent should register. For a campaign, the Official Agent must be the one to register. This person is the account manager.
How to Register
- The account manager must email the Do Not Call List operator using the following email address: email@example.com
- This email must clearly indicate that they represent a political association or candidate, and wish to register to make calls that are exempt from the National DNCL Rules.
- Provide the following information in the email:
- Legal Name: XXX Federal Liberal Association
- Full address: This is the address listed as the headquarters on elections.ca; usually the EDA Chair’s address
- Phone numbers: you can add or edit these later, but start by entering the phone numbers that you know you will be making calls from
- Account manager: this is the person registering. Provide your name, email address and phone number
Once your registration is complete
Once you have registered, you can access and edit the information on the account using the Registration Access Number (RAN).
You will need to make sure that the information on the account remains accurate and up-to-date.
All phone numbers that you are making calls from must be listed in the registry. There is no limit to the number of phone numbers listed, and this list is not available publically.
How do I add new phone numbers to my existing registration?
You can log in to your DNCL account online using your Registration Access Number. Visit this link to log in: https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en/Organization
What do I do if my EDA has already registered, but I do not know the Registration Access Number?
If you know the information of the account, but not the Registration Access Number, you can select “Forgot your registration access number”. You will be required to provide the Legal Name (XXX Federal Liberal Association) and the contact information for the account manager.
If the account manager is no longer in contact with the EDA, you may need to contact the CRTC for support to update the information on the account. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the situation. Provide a link to the EDA’s registry on elections.ca to validate that you are the current Chair or Financial Agent of the EDA.
How long does the account last?
Your account will remain active for one year. After one year the account manager will receive a notification from the CRTC to asking if the account should remain active.